Are you already tired of playing casino games in Canada on online poker sites by yourself? So why don’t you take a break from active gambling, sit down with some friends over a case of Labatt’s beer in the living room, and watch some exquisite gambling movies? Not only do you get to watch a good poker game, but you are definitely going to watch a lot of action not necessarily involved with gambling.
Here are the four most classic casino movies to come out in recent years:
1) Casino Royale: A banker with terrorist ties who is also a famed poker player attempts to win a prestigious poker tournament to pay back the criminals. But, at the table, a man named James Bond, played by Daniel Craig, does all in his power to stop him. Bond learns the hard way not to trust anyone, especially around the Best Poker table.
Many gambling fans believe the best part of the movie is when Bond is poisoned during the game of poker.
2) Croupier: An unusual portrait of the casino world, in which director Mike Hodges created a story from the dealer’s perspective. Unlike many casino stories, the plot takes place in London, far from the Las Vegas spotlight.
The best part is when Jack Manfred shows off his abilities when applying to become a dealer.
3) The Cooler: Bernie seems to be a loser. He works for the casino manager (Baldwin) who takes advantage of Bernie’s abilities to change gamblers’ luck in the casino. When Bernie meets a waitress named Natalie she changes his life for the best.
The best part is when Bernie realizes the real reason why he and Natalie first met.
4) Ocean’s 11: A remake of the classical Rat Pack movie from 1960 is more of an action film than comedy. 11 professional crooks come together for robbing a bank holding 150 million dollars in its safe- all this from three big casinos in Las Vegas- “The Bellagio”, “The Mirage”, and “The MGM”. The casinos are owned by Terry Benedicte (Andy Garcia), dating Tess (Julia Roberts), the ex-wife of the operation’s leader. This turns the whole story into a personal battle.
Many Canadians who have experienced what it’s like to gamble at American casinos believe the best part is the planning and carrying out of the robbery. Who wouldn’t want to get away with something like that! If you still feel the urge to try your hand at gambling online, you can always head over to Ultimate Bet and see if your luck is any better than the characters on film.
When gamblers from Canada start to gamble at American casinos it’s important to know which bet is the most worthwhile. So to make it easier on Canadian players to know what is best when gambling abroad or online, I decided to write about some of the bets I would choose if I were to gamble in casino games; whether it be in an online casino or a regular casino.
The best casino games are those in which the house has the lowest advantage, or where the player has the highest advantage. Here are some of the gambling games most worth playing in a casino:
1) Online poker casino
Poker is a game of skill since determining the winner is an important factor. Canadian players who play poker at home are probably used to competing with the dealer during this game, but at serious casinos and online, players play against one another and not against the “house”. There is no house advantage but a small sum a casino takes from every pack.
2) Card counting in Blackjack
Learning to count cards can allow you an advantage of 1% to 2% over the casino. Card counting is a skill that takes practice to control the game. It isn’t illegal but counters must hide their skills or they might be exposed. In New Jersey, for example, you cannot be exposed but the casinos can force you to bet flat or fold the cards if you are caught.
3) Video poker
Video poker is another game of skills with a small house advantage if you make the right choices. Some video poker games offer more than a 100% refund to players who know how to use mathematical strategy. Many machines have a small house advantage of less than one percent. The house’s advantage is determined by a payment board and the player can choose what his refund from the machine will be according to the board.
4) Banker in Baccarat
The Baccarat banker’s bet has a smaller house advantage than the player, but he is asked to pay commission when he wins. The house advantage is 1.06% for the banker’s bet.
5) Player in Baccarat
The player’s bet is also a good bet with a house field of 1.24%. This can prove especially advantageous.
Even for those players from Canada who don’t have much experience playing abroad or at online casinos surrounded by gamblers from around the world, follow these rules and you’ll do just fine.